Thursday, January 12, 2012

Brrrrrr....it's cold!

I'm not leaving the house today.  Uh uh.  No way.  It is too cold out there.  

I am hunkering down in my flannel PJs and continuing to plow through Stephen King's 11/22/63.  Page 342.

As I put lotion on my dry and cracked hands and return the bottle to my bedside table, I realize that my bedside table now looks like every memory I have of my mother's bedside table.  

Kleenex.  Absolutely essential.  
Lotion.  This is new for me.  My skin is feeling its age this winter.  
My current book.  That one's on top.  On top of a pile of other books and magazines.    
Alarm.  To get the kids up and out the door on time for school.  
Cell phone.  
Coffee.  Absolutely.  In my "Writer's Almanac" mug.  If you don't know about "The Writer's Almanac with Garrison Keillor", you should check it out.  
Remote control.  My new favorite morning show?  CBS This Morning.  I have defected from the fluff of the TODAY show because of Charlie Rose.  I.  Love.  Charlie.  Rose.  
Lamp to read by.  
The rest is just clutter that needs to be cleared off.  I might tackle that today, now that I've pointed it out.  

Bailey is on board with the whole stay home today thing, I think.  
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment